GNMS - Gnome Network Management System
2009-08-01 JMX monitoring
- I am working on adding JMX monitoring features, based on JMX4R used by jruby. I did some first tests and it's working quite well.
2009-07-21 GNMS v2 - Released
- No major bugs have been reported in RC1, so it becomes final 2.0 version. Enjoy!
2009-07-01 GNMS v2 - Release Candidate 1 is out
- After many years of work, we are proud to bring you the first release candidate of GNMS (see download section). Please give it a try, tell it to your friends, and give us your feedback to have a software that answers to your needs !
2009-06-21 Tracking bugs
- We are intensively checking the version, we are also working on the new site, the 'about window' improvement and the network property alert configuration override. Contact us to get involved!
2009-06-12 New MIB browser
- Thanks to Dylan, he provided a nice MIB browser (see gallery). The XMPP client is working well too, I am cleaning the contact manager stuff right now. Oh and I also added a postgres plugin to be able to remotely define if the max number of connection on the database server has been reached. Stay tuned ...
2009-06-04 On the way to the beta
- Still working on SQL backend, with some GTK thread enhancement and also implementing a XMPP client to be able to notify using Instant Messaging.
2009-05-25 Minor site update
- After some thoughts, we settled down to "Tame your network" as a tagline for GNMS. Isn't it cool? I love the idea that the network is a wild game that needs to be controled. More to come, with a full website overall and of course a planning to get GNMS to life.
2009-05-22 Monitoring: state of the art
- I discovered some nice monitoring tools like Zenoss, OpenNMS and Centreon. I suggest you to have a look at them, they can be useful.
2009-05-19 Minor site updates
- All is in the title.
2009-05-18 WMI and else things
- I did almost all the WMI implementation. I am working now on a pretty account manager GUI embedded in node property, require to configure WMI account and all the other ones needed for various service like SSH.
2009-05-16 Testing version
- I removed old packages from the download section, I hope to upload a new version soon when I will finish the WMI monitoring implementation.
2009-05-14 WMI monitoring
- I am currently testing wmic, a wmi client implementation from unstable Samba 4.0. It's working quite well, I am adding it in the monitoring feature, so in a near future (hope so) GNMS will be able to check remotely if a service is enabled, if a process is available, the cpu load and much more things!
2009-05-11 Not as dead as Duke Nukem
- The project still alive but it's really an hard task, no much time no much help ...
2007-05-24 Long time no see
- I am currently working on adding some nice charts with Gruff library (based on Rmagick). I have also done some minor improvement on alert notification: now a personal script can be called and based on Ruby-SMS a SMS can be sent.
2006-11-15 The way is still too long
I took a break on this project, now I come back!
The configuration file is stored in YAML. A sound file notification can be affected by severity level of events, this has been done with Ruby GStreamer lib.
2006-07-11 The adventure continue
- Don't have much time for now, but I am still here! I would like to continue adding SQLite3 support, and include Ruby Yet Another Markup Language support (standard lib since Ruby 1.8) for storing configuration file. If you like the software, have any idea or want to contribute please drop me an email.
2006-04-27 GNMS v2 snapshots again and again
Beta version is not too far now, snapshots versions needs now Ruby SNMP and Ruby SQLite3 modules.
A SNMP trap server and a Syslog server are now embedded.
Refs configuration are stored in a default relational database.
2006-04-08 GNMS v2 snapshots available
- Snapshots available for testing, please note that this version is not a beta of the final release thus not all features are in for now.
2006-03-25 Welcome to GNMS v2
- I hope GNMS v2 beta will be released soon. This version is based on Ruby binding for Gnome2.
I updated the gallery part with a flash demo of this coming release.
Note that the main home project management is done on RubyForge
2005-11-15 GNMS v1 is really dead
- GNMS v1 is based on Ruby 1.6 with Ruby-Gnome binding project which is now deprecated.
Thus it can no longer be used with modern Linux distribution
2003-12-17 Project is not dead
- New site!
- New version:
- FIXED: bug with debug mode
- FIXED: bug with initialisation of thread timers
- FIXED: bug when storing snmp ident in node property window
- FIXED: bug in plugins support when class name is different from file name
- NEW: support for new xprobe2-0.2
© 2003-2012, David Maciejak